West Tweeddale Parishes 
Tweedsmuir Church
Open daily to visitors, with services welcoming to all, each Sunday from 9.30am.

Believed to sit on an ancient Druidic mound, The existing Kirk was erected in 1874, to replace an even earlier church from 1643. The oak for the First and Second World War Memorials and panelling in the Kirkís entrance, is from a tree planted at his beloved Abbotsford, by Sir Walter Scott.

The churchyard dates to the first church and contains many historically significant table-stone graves and is also the resting place of Covenanter, John Hunter, slain by the Dragoons at the Devilís Beef Tub in 1685. For more historical information please visit the Tweedsmuir history site.


© 2024 West Tweeddale Parishes
follow West Tweeddale Parishes on social media